Some people have asked me how I started my weight loss. My first few months in the blog archive explain it all.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Dear Amy...

Dear Amy, I like you, I like that you ran for two minutes. I like it a lot. I hope that your comment yesterday about running "two whole minutes" meant "hooray, two minutes more than I did yesterday!!" instead of "well, dang, I wasn't able to run a 5K today."

When we first moved into our new house the yard was empty. We had obnoxious neighbors and a short fence. We bought some rather weak excuses for trees but we planted them with the hope that one day our neighbors would be erased from our view.

It worked. 5 years later my neighbor can no longer stick his head over our fence and offer gardening, parenting, home owning advise. The 5 years pass whether or not you decide to do any changing or not. Might as well not worry about how long it will take.

Plant it and it will grow. Your two minutes will grow to four, then eight, then ten, then bam you are running a freaking 5k.

You go girl - hooray for you! I couldn't be more proud of you if I was your mother, (I'm practically old enough ... well, maybe your babysitter)

4 comments:

Rebecca Blevins said...

I cheer you on too, Amy! Keep going! Now I'm off to bed so I can haul my tail out of it in a few hours. I'm going to up the resistance on the elliptical for at least two minutes in a toast to you!

Calamity Jane, you are so sweet to cheer her on!

Amy said...

Thank you Rebecca and thank you Calamity Jane! An entire post with my name on it? Wow!! I know how many people check you out every day - I'm one of the masses. Thank you again.

I was thrilled to be able to run 2 minutes! It was 1 minute more than before. The consecutive part was exciting too! :)

C Hansen said...

All of you wondeful women inspire me!! Not only to workout but to lift and serve others. Good work.

Abish said...

This is off topic. Thank you so much for past visits to my blog. I really appreciate your encouragement--both the encouragement I've found here and your kind comments. I just posted some news; would you have a minute to give me some guidance?