Some people have asked me how I started my weight loss. My first few months in the blog archive explain it all.

Monday, August 6, 2007

Blender Pancakes


1 1/4 cups water (you can use skim milk)

1 cup whole wheat

1 egg

2 T oil

1 T sugar

1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon salt

1 T fresh baking powder


In blender, mix water and wheat on high for 3 minutes. Add egg, oil, sugar and salt. Blend for 20 seconds. Add baking powder. Pulse three times, just enough to mix. Mixture should foam up and get very light. Cook immediately on a nonstick griddle.
Makes 16 - 2"pancakes

6 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Just one question - what are whole wheat kernels and where do I find them?

Calamity Jane said...

I can't stop laughing. I mean whole wheat. What do you call the stuff that has been in the rusty #10 cans out in the garage? I guess I will amend the recipe. I will just call it wheat and assume that people know that it is just that - as in the grain.

Amy said...

One of my favorite things on the face of the planet is whole wheat pancakes! Thank you for sharing an easy way to whip them up on a Saturday morning when McD's is calling.

On Friday I went to my mom's and we made loaf after loaf of homemade whole wheat bread. Mmmmmm...

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I should've know that was what you meant! Thanks for the giggle!

Anonymous said...

I just dusted off a #10 can of wheat that has been sitting on my storage racks for a few years, to try making these pancakes. OMGosh - I LOVE this recipe! What a great way to use up our wheat; with a regular blender, and no heavy, gritty feel. The kids love seeing the batter foam up when we add the "magic powder". :o) (Next time I'll try sub'ing cornmeal for maybe a third of the wheat, like my mom did with waffles, and see if that works as well for the pancakes. YUM!) Thanks for this instant family-favorite!

Kristi said...

Hi thanks for then recipe! I couldn't find my version and I am glad you had posted this!!